I've gotten this from several people who track trends: "Convergence: How Five Trends Will Reshape the Social Sector." Looking through it again, it makes sense.
The five trends are:
* Demographic Shifts Redefine Participation
* Technological Advances Abound
* Networks Enable Work to Be Organized in New Ways
* Interest in Civic Engagement and Volunteerism Is Rising
* Sector Boundaries Are Blurring
Might be worth looking at for many a small non-profit.
In November of 2018, I left my position at ALA in Chicago to return to my Colorado-based writing, speaking, and consulting career. So I'...
Recently, a library patron challenged (urged a reconsideration of the ownership or placement of) a book called "Uncle Bobby's Weddi...
Here are my remarks at today's American Library Association Midwinter Conference. Jim Neal's Presidential Program was "Are lib...
Back in 2008 I presented with my good friend and fellow library director Eloise May, as well as one of her board members (Howard Rotham) and...